Thanksgiving was really wonderful and I was going to share pictures from all the fun we had over the holiday today, BUT I managed to lose my camera and with it all of the Thanksgiving pictures that I took:P
Soooo, instead of Thanksgiving, today’s post is about what’s been going on around here in December!
1. The tree is up!
Can you tell from this picture that it is kind of just in the middle of the dining/living room area?
I guess if you’re going to have a tree, you might as well put it front and center!
2. It was odd decorating the Christmas tree while wearing shorts and a t-shirt.
Three years ago today, as I prepared to become Mrs. Torres, I woke up in my little house for the last time and wrote some thoughts down in my journal.
I love to look back at my old journal entries and remember the good times and see how the tough times led to stretching and growth.
My last entry before getting married is such a wonderful reminder of who our foundation is. Whether we are single, newly-wed or have been married for forever, it’s in Christ alone that we are able to live our lives in love. Continue reading
Nom-Rating: **** (4/5)
Remember the other day when I said that I had spent basically the entire day in the kitchen?
Part of the reason was that I was working on a crazy birthday cake for Mr. Torres.
And part of the reason was that I was trying to put together a decent spinach enchilada recipe. Continue reading
1. We went camping at Village Creek State Park for Mr. Torres’ birthday. We drove (about 2 hrs) there on Friday afternoon and spent a lovely evening setting up camp and cooking dinner. Saturday was spent enjoying the beautiful weather by hiking around and reading at the campsite. When we woke up on Sunday morning, it was raining pretty good and everything (including the inside of the tent due to one of the windows being partially unzipped) was wet. We threw everything in the back of the car and stopped for breakfast on the drive home:)
2. I’ve been looooooving this winter weather we’ve been having…shorts and a t-shirt yesterday!
3.Not only do the warm temps allow for summer attire to be worm in November, but it also means that it’s possible to grow cool weather veggies during the winter! I’ve been working on re-shaping my flower beds in the backyard and planted some broccoli and kale plants in one of the finished beds yesterday!
4. One super terrible negative of the temperate weather around here is the number and ferociousness of the mosquitoes around here! They’re driving me crazy! I have to re-apply bug spray about every thirty minutes while I’m working outside and I’m not even sure it’s helping! I haven’t decided yet if the warm weather is worth it to be eaten alive…
5. My dear friend April and I attended a cooking class at Sur la Table last week and learned how to make a Tuscan-inspired meal. Although the class was not too terribly educational, we had a great time and enjoyed some delicious food!