1. I love that even though I’m not teaching this year, we were still able to celebrate spring break!
Road Trip to New Mexico!
Our first stop was at a little chocolate shop in the middle of nowhere (aka Calvert, TX) called Cocoamoda.
We stretched our legs, visited with the chocolatier and then paid a ridiculous amount of money for four little truffles and a hot chocolate.
Worth it? Probably not, but it was fun and a great road trip stop:)
2. We drove all day and made it to Amarillo, TX.
We only had five hours of driving on day two, so we decided to take a little detour to visit Capulin Volcano National Monument in New Mexico.
Coldest. Hike. Ever.
Actually, I can’t even call it a hike because we drove to the top, put all our cold weather gear on, walked on the trail for about two minutes, snapped a pictures and then ran to the car.
We would never make it on Mount Everest.
It was very beautiful, though, and another great road trip stop!
3. After fourteen hours of driving, we finally made it to Red River, NM where we met my parents and Louisiana sister!
We hadn’t seen them since Christmas, so it was wonderful to be together!
It was also the first time that Mr. Torres and I had been skiing together:)
4. We had three glorious days of skiing, enjoying good food and spending time together!
5. In the end, we were all a bit sore and a little tired, but our time together could not have been more enjoyable!
Loving Family + Beautiful Creation + Fun (and slightly dangerous) Activities = One Really Fabulous Spring Break!